Categories > Etc > Disputes >

In defense of CubeFaces

Wabz

Winning.js

Threads: 194

Posted

I've seen a lot of people complain about CubeFaces' moderation lately, and while I do understand why they're angry, CubeFaces did nothing wrong and his moderation is helping the forum.

The forum has been barely moderated for so long (look at my old replies, they consisted mostly of sh*tposts and chatting), and the introduction of a good moderation team is very good for the forum. People can get tired of insults and sh*tposts after a long time, and part of the reason why V4rm is so popular is because of it's moderation. You won't get away for sh*tposting there. 

CubeFaces along with the other moderators have set very clear new rules about what to do and what not to do. Chats and sh*tposts are welcome in the Discord Server, not the forum. Increasing the quality of threads is important for maintaining this forum well and alive. I get that people can be upset by changes, but note that thanks to the new rules, the forum is now safer, less toxic, and has higher quality threads.

To the people complaining about not being told about the rules, the discussion section, roblox section, and disputes sections has clear new rules. If you come in a discord server and don't read the rules, it's all your responsability. Expect the same everywhere. You might be used to the old way of doing things here, but change is necessary to keep this forum alive and well.

Thanks for reading this thread, hopefully you understand why WRD has much stricter moderation now.

My new discord is Wabz#1337 with ID 777154062789509130

Threads: 34

Replied

Monkey D. Luffy has sense humor and they don't, prove me wrong. I like texas and funtimes they cool

Threads: 0

Replied

@MaximusExploit Monkey was good :C

Replied

You don't get much high quality threads anymore. So if you stop sh*tposts once and for all, all we're left with is devs roasting other devs for their winforms apisploit. Stricter moderation is stopping useless threads, but i don't know how it's encouraging good threads.

Wabz

Winning.js

Threads: 194

Replied

@63568 By stopping bad threads you're giving more exposure to the good ones. 

Added

@MaximusExploit Cuby does have a sense of humor, but forums aren't meant for chatting purposes.

Added

I did like Monkey D. Luffy as a moderator by the way.

My new discord is Wabz#1337 with ID 777154062789509130

Replied

@Wabz There are barely any good ones to begin with

CH3RRYR3DTEAM

Storm Fracture

Threads: 12

Replied

Hear me out, a warning system instead of fuking a users rep as a warning. :mindblown: 

halvik915

Talan2016

Threads: 20

Replied

@65004yes this is a smart idea 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/901227777741692968/991219346124853278/sJkFFl5.png

we love security breaches

Threads: 66

Replied

cuby is just doing his job 

i've been too lenient on everyone so i deserve my demotion, cuby is actually keeping the forums free of needless posts and such, as he's supposed to

he's just doing what he has to do but better than me

anyway i caught yellow faking tasks in navigation 🤨🤨

halvik915

Talan2016

Threads: 20

Replied

@58120bruh why did he even neg rep u https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/478386477361790979/825921673349562489/Capture.JPG

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/901227777741692968/991219346124853278/sJkFFl5.png

we love security breaches

Cuby

Student loans

vip

Threads: 5

Replied

@CH3RRYR3DTEAM This is exactly what we're trying to get implemented into the forums.

As for everything else, what has been going on the forums was not my decision, every moderator agreed to start enforcing the rules and handout warnings (-rep) until this type of system is in place. We obviously knew people would get mad at this, but this is the only way, with what is at hand, to keep the forums friendly to new members, and lower the amount of discouragement new developers suffer from. The -rep is temporary for a few days, or until moderators note a change in behavior. I personally do not deal with threads/replies that were created before I was here, and like wabz mentioned, this is not a place for chatting. I won't be the only moderator handing out warnings, as it comes to whoever is first to spot the offender. Anyone can get warned no matter how well-known/respected they are. I hope this clears things up, as we're still working on some guidelines.

Join the Front-Page Club!

TaxiDriver08

JustMarie

Threads: 39

Replied

I'm just going to say:

Enforcing more oppressive rules, makes the scope smaller.

Chatting is the base of a forum, without anything to talk about, there is no topic.

(So do something like global chat or something)

Also, we arent making the forums more friendly for new comers. 

As if a new commer breaks a rule unintentionally, cuby is like Hol' up, this guy did something

-2 REP TIME :DDDDDDDD

Its plain common sense by now but not everybody sees it

The moderation system isnt working with us, but it is working against us.

I'm not even lying on this one, its just facts.

JustMarie#0709

Threads: 34

Replied

@Wabz doesn't making Thread means Communication? Transferring Information to each one or another? Doesn't that mean chatting?

Next >>>

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )