Chrome is kind of slow though ://

allennova

allennova

Threads: 13

Replied

@Moon

Some privacy browsers I recommend and have used: 

Ungoogled Chromium - Chrome's open-source brother without googles spyware 

Waterfox - A fork of Firefox fork that limits data collection, supports firefox, chrome, and opera extensions all in one browser. 
GNU Icecat - A Firefox fork that aims to prevent fingerprinting and uses the libre version of Javascript. May break some sites.

Tor Browser - A Firefox fork built on an anonymization network. If you use this, do not change any settings except the safety settings, this includes maximizing the browser itself to fit your monitor. 

Brave - Despite what others have said, it's still a good browser with features to prevent fingerprinting or at least minimize ads. If that isn't fine with you, it is open source so people have forked it to take out things like the BAT Token and affiliate links.

Firefox - A open-source browser that has a myriad of secret settings to disable/enable privacy settings to harden itself. These settings can be uploaded in files like this, or can be manually edited in the flags page. People have also made settings makers for customized usecases: here.

Browsers I have not used but have heard of:

Librewolf - A firefox fork that cuts out the bs and hardens the browser. It is well maintained and receives patches regularly.

Palemoon - An odd browser that has been around for years. A fork of a firefox version from years ago that has now branched into its own browser. Has privacy default settings, but does not have a variety of extensions.

Qbrowser - A browser that supports vim-like bindings, can be customized to whatever specifications you need in its config files. 

Surf - A browser developed by the suckless devs that is command line and keyboard shortcut orientated. It does not support extensions or tabs. I believe it is open source however and the devs have made programs to add things like tabs if the user wants them. 

Vimb - A browser that has vim-like bindings, another keyboard shortcut orientated browser. 

Lynx - The oldest maintained browser, first written in 1992. It is completely command-line based and does not support videos or pictures natively. Use as a last resort if you really don't want bloated resource usage. Does not render CSS or Javascript as everything is in text. 

NZXT H510i, MSI X470 & 650W PSU, 1TB Crucial MX200 SSD
Seagate 1TB HDD, EVGA RTX 3060ti
Ryzen 5 5600x, 2x16GB Corsair @3600Mhz

Moon

Moon

vip

Threads: 314

Replied

@allennova

I like Google and its services 

Tor? Isn't that really really slow?

Most of the other browsers contain issues and Brave is the one I'm currently using that's giving me problems

allennova

allennova

Replied

@Moon

When I say Google's spyware, I don't mean things like Gmail or Google Translate, etc. Google Chrome and Chromium both send requests to Google on runtime for things like; Google Host Detector, Google URL Tracker, Google Cloud Messaging, Google Hotwording, etc. (list copy-pasted from the Github.) Google also sends additional requests to servers if these features cannot connect, these requests are also nulled in the source code via BS domain names/addresses. There are also some prebuilt binaries in the code like machine code or libraries from google, most are replaced with user-supplied libraries or are not needed. 

MINISHXP

[REDACTED]

Threads: 3

Replied

@59853What cpu do you have

P.S. if its actually slow then use opera Gx or opera

Added

@59853What cpu do you have

P.S. if its actually slow then use opera Gx or opera

Moon

Moon

vip

Replied

@MINISHXP

i5 I think

I don't use the computer that much as I use my school computer for main use

Added

@allennova

So what do I do? Not use Google's services or web browser?

FumbleTwit

Old Account

Threads: 10

Replied

@Moon 

Brave is fast and not light weight there technology basicly loads it after 10 seconds (gradually), they save loading speeds by refreshing every time you visit. It's quite good, 

Old account...

Threads: 58

Replied

@Moon

you dont have btc right?

no

Error: The signature must be between 3-200 characters

lo4

lo4

Threads: 2

Replied

@timegoesbyfast dude its not a BTC MINER

20 dollars for some block exploit lmaooo

Moon

Moon

vip

Replied

allennova

allennova

Replied

@Moon

>So what do I do? Not use Google's services or web browser?

No no, just use something like Ungoogled Chromium, however downloading extensions is a pain on it, as google restricts the Chrome web store so you have to install them manually. Other then that, Waterfox or Librewolf are 2 viable options, particularly waterfox as it can use extensions from chrome, firefox and opera, plus its privacy settings on top. GNU Icecat is another option but I myself havent used it in a few months and LibreJS was iffy at best when I swapped to it.

Prev

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )