Categories > Etc > Software & Hardware >

Run a Windows Compatibility on a Mac OS Device.

Nev

Zachary

Threads: 8

Posted

My english is quite bad, I do apologise for that.

Using an executor will not work on this.

As you may know, .exe files cannot be ran on Vanilla Mac Os. While you can run a Virtual Machine or Bootcamp (Intel CPU's only), some users may want an intergrated compatibility layer. While you can use Wine, it can get a bit 'tricky' for more intermediate users, and can be unreliable, Crossover on the other hand uses the Wine platform/forks it to add more comptability for more applications.

1. Install Crossover from the Codeweavers website. (Or use a cracked version)
  2. Add it to your desktop or applications.
  3. Once opened click "Install Windows Application".
  4. Type the name of the Application or Install it.

Thanks for listening to my ted talk.

I like dogs. Now active. 

Threads: 0

Replied

Why would you buy a Mac just so you can install Windows on it?

Nev

Zachary

Threads: 8

Replied

@62449 It's a versatile system, It's much more and largely better for 3D Modelling and Blender then it's peers, It's quite light and can slide into your backpack and the M1 Chip.

I like dogs. Now active. 

Threads: 0

Replied

@Nev

Windows 10 is quite bloated which is slowing down the performance of the laptop

Threads: 202

Replied

Fyi crossover (and wine) prob dont work well on a m1 chip because its arm architecture and its not x86 like intel based mac

autho m1 macs do get rosetta stone which allows x86 applications to run on arm, and from what I've seen it can beat out even some intel based macs lol

Reputation Goal: 69
#NoMoreMods

#MEWANTGLOBALCHAT 

Threads: 6

Replied

CrossOver isn't exactly that great for intermediate users, because it is proprietary software and so it is paid excluding the free trial. As much as it is a good alternative to Wine for certain applications, no intermediate user should even be bothered to use compatibility layers. Large amounts of Windows software do run on MacOS, if they don't there are likely alternatives. As a last resort the end-user can switch to Windows (If they're running x86_64) or Linux.

it will no longer be possible to contact me here, but i will be on session for at least a bit :)

0520984e5ed65f84673ff6d3421d89a3b3e1dff2ed54cbd4ed012351789a347913

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )