Categories > Etc > Software & Hardware >

Automatic Repair Loop

Oofed

Fujiwara Chika

Threads: 2

Posted

so my laptop recently died and it really has a LOT of unrecoverable data like visual studio projects etc so its not like i can start over

My laptop is sorta obsolete considering its very terrible specs, anyway while watching youtube on it it suddenly froze (this is normal sometimes as my hinge broke on it and now sometimes it just shuts down because the display disconnects) 

so i rebooted the laptop and then it rebooted like 2 times more until it booted into automatic repair

"Windows did not start correctly", i pressed restart but it instantly went into automatic repair

i attempted to disable automatic repair from advanced options but when it restarts to enable advanced options it instantly boots into Automatic Repair..

Would deleting the automatic repair log stop automatic repair from starting up instantly when i turn it on?

!ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ!#3317

Anime enthusiast

MINISHXP

[REDACTED]

Threads: 3

Replied

i would just get a new laptop smh

Oofed

Fujiwara Chika

Replied

@MINISHXP

yepppp i was trying to ride it out for 2 more months, plans ruined so im waiting for a new pc and hopefully dissassembling it to get to the SSD and display

!ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ!#3317

Anime enthusiast

Threads: 202

Replied

i attempted to disable automatic repair from advanced options but when it restarts to enable advanced options it instantly boots into Automatic Repair.

So you arent able to boot into advance mode and boot into safe mode? If so, you might just be screwed and you would have to wait for your new pc. You could try doing sfc scans and dism through a windows USB install
Also, if your laptop can do this, are you able to run 
system diagnostics from the bios (not all laptops can do this tho)

My best guess as to what's going on atm is dying ssd or windows is corrupted

Would deleting the automatic repair log stop automatic repair from starting up instantly when i turn it on?
Not sure if automatic repair even makes logs, but even then it prob wont 

Reputation Goal: 69
#NoMoreMods

#MEWANTGLOBALCHAT 

Oofed

Fujiwara Chika

Replied

@Vader

the ssd is 2 years old I doubt that is the culprit as its a windows issue, yeah I cannot boot into safe mode or advanced mode, but I can access command prompt and etc but anything than that its a nope. I can't even access the bios so my best bet is to wait until I have time to disassemble the laptop for its SSD

!ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ!#3317

Anime enthusiast

MINISHXP

[REDACTED]

Replied

@Oofed yeah id rather do that

Threads: 202

Replied

@49059ssd could be faulty

also whats your laptop, you should be able to boot into bios

Added

@49059ssd could be faulty

also whats your laptop, you should be able to boot into bios

Reputation Goal: 69
#NoMoreMods

#MEWANTGLOBALCHAT 

Oofed

Fujiwara Chika

Replied

@Vader

the second i press the power button it shows windows and then 1 second later automatic repair. I cannot enter bios

!ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ!#3317

Anime enthusiast

Threads: 198

Replied

@Oofed welp i had the same when i got my pc broke of fortnite cheeto lmfao

but anyways you would have to delete windows and install it over again but idk how you gonna do it

Random quote here...

AlbertsPP

MrFlipPhone

Threads: 6

Replied

use another pc and make a linux unbuntu USB using RUFUS and plug it in, press,"try unbuntu" easy fix, your operating system is back

Oofed

Fujiwara Chika

Replied

!ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ!#3317

Anime enthusiast

Replied

i would just burn an windows XP/7/8/10 iso onto a disc/usb/sd card and then reinstall windows

Added

i would just burn an windows XP/7/8/10 iso onto a disc/usb/sd card and then reinstall windows

Added

Next >>>

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )