Categories > Etc > Software & Hardware >

[TechQuicky] ARC MOBILE DISCRETE GPUS | FSR 2.0 | NVIDIA HACK | AMD 3D CACHE

Nev

Zachary

Threads: 8

Posted

Greetings, I will be doing this off and on, this will be a news aggregator for technology on WeAreDevs. Sources will be linked in a Pastebin. 

Basic Rundown 

• FSR 2.0 and RSR confirmed in AMD showcase.
  • Nvidia Hacking Situation.
  • Ryzen 7 5800X3D Leaks.
  • Intel Arc Discrete GPUs for Laptops and Notebooks.

FSR 2.0 RSR CONFIRMED 

On the 17th of March 2022, AMD has released FSR 2.0. The FSR team at AMD has been working hard to introduce a new version of FSR, the main keypoints are improved visuals virtually looking identical to the original image quality. AMD has claimed a 2x performance boost.

RSR has been confirmed as a image upscaling tool for RDNA 2.0 graphics cards, pretty much FSR 1.0 but having a bit worse image quality. AMD has claimed a 3x performance boost on certain games. 

NVIDIA HACK 

Recently, Graphics Card maker Nvidia has suffered a hack from hacking group Lapsus$, open sourcing closed secrets like DLSS and the Hashrate limiter on the RTX 2nd generation line up of cards. Also leaking some details for the Switch 2. 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D

As confirmed in CES 2022, AMD is working on a version of the Ryzen 7 5800 but with their new 3D VCache technology in the Ryzen 7000 line up. It's aimed towards people who want a Ryzen 7000 experience yet are not ready to upgrade their entire motherboard to AM5. It will release on April 20th having a price of 449$. 

Intel ARC Discrete Laptop GPUs 

Intel has been hard at work on their GPUs, planning to release their first batch of Discrete GPus at the end of the month. It has been known that the ARC GPU will be used in multiple notebooks, replacing the RTX 3050 in some namely the Acer Swift X16. 

Sources

If there is any issue please DM glassofwater#4430.

I like dogs. Now active. 

Syraxes_

Web Developer

vip

Threads: 40

Replied

I don't know what is this, but, Cool!

I'm not lazy, I'm just highly motivated to do nothing. #I💚Dogs.

Threads: 202

Replied

cool now i dont have to waste 5 min watching a tech linked vid

anyways super interested in seeing how Intel ARC will preform, will be nice to see a new competitor in the GPU feild

Reputation Goal: 69
#NoMoreMods

#MEWANTGLOBALCHAT 

Nev

Zachary

Threads: 8

Replied

@Vader  I'm quite interested in the Acer Swift X16, the ARC GPU would most likely perform a bit better than the RTX 3050 in that machine. Intel should also improve their GPU drivers.

I like dogs. Now active. 

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )