Categories > Etc > Software & Hardware >

Lenovo Thinkpad LMB Issue

Moon

Moon

vip

Threads: 314

Posted

So, I recently received a used 3rd Generation Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon (It was given to me because of complaints that the battery become too hot, to the point where it hurt to use it). I've discovered an issue with LMBs (Left Mouse Buttons), as none of them on the laptop itself work. There are two of them, one for the Trackpoint system, and of course, one for the trackpad itself. I've done everything I could to fix it, reinstall drivers, reinstall windows, open up the laptop internally to see if there were any cables loose, with no luck.

Any ideas?

Added

EDIT:

I disabled the Trackpoint in BIOS, and that seemed to have done the trick but Trackpoint no longer works. Anybody have any ideas on how to get them to both work simultaneously? 

Threads: 198

Replied

In my opinion check if the buttons aren't for example dirty. Same happened to my LMBs when they were dirty. If they're not, try reinstalling the drivers again

Random quote here...

Moon

Moon

vip

Threads: 314

Replied

@Astronemi

No, originally, both the Trackpad and Trackpoint were enabled in BIOS, which resulted in none of the two devices working correctly. I then disabled Trackpoint in order to get the Trackpad to work properly

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )