Categories > Etc > Software & Hardware >

PC goes up to 100% disk usage at startup?

Alternate

stop take my rice

vip

Threads: 113

Posted

I have a pretty decent PC, and it's able to run pretty much everything I want. However one thing that I'm sick of about it is whenever I turn it on it goes to 100% disk usage. Has anyone else had a similar issue? Can someone help?

we are dead

superleito1_1

i like chicken nuggets

vip

Threads: 16

Replied

some processes randomly do this and some even do it with the cpu, some examples are:

-Windows Driver Foundation

-Microsoft Compatibility Telemeter

-and more

just end the process and everything is fine

"""""""professional""""""" at code

Alternate

stop take my rice

vip

Threads: 113

Replied

@Astronemi

I have done that way before, I only have a few things on startup. Not even Discord is a startup app.

we are dead

Threads: 71

Replied

try going trough the disk cleanup app thingy, helps get some storage back and removes garbage from old windows versions

i use arch btw

Threads: 6

Replied

Famous Windows design flaw. Your disk runs at 100% because there's startup services and user programs doing a lot of disk read work for whatever reason. It's really not that complicated.

Task manager is your best friend here, unless you know how to use other resource monitors. Identify what programs are the culprit and deal with them individually. If it's a user program (Say, some garbage keyboard software) - see if you can disable its "start on login" functionality. If it's a Windows component - see if you can disable it as a service.

If you can't deal with it in a traditional way - look for alternatives. There's scripts and methods to get rid of useless Windows bloat on bulk that you might want to follow if you've got a slow hard drive that causes the high disk usage to be an issue.

Refer to the below:

https://github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater

The most easy-to-use option, a simple script that gets rid of a lot of pre-picked bloat.

https://msmgtoolkit.in/

An advanced tool to create debloated Windows images, essentially allowing you to form an ISO without a lot of unnecessary Windows components, often being used to create "Windows Lite" images. Look up video guides on this tool, there are plenty.

it will no longer be possible to contact me here, but i will be on session for at least a bit :)

0520984e5ed65f84673ff6d3421d89a3b3e1dff2ed54cbd4ed012351789a347913

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )