Categories > Etc > Software & Hardware >

[Q] Best browser to use?

Threads: 11

Posted

Hey! I am looking for a browser that beats Opera GX in many ways, please leave suggestions!

RealNickk

no longer active

vip

Threads: 177

Replied

Opera is sketchy. Use a fork of some good browsers.

Brave Browser - Chrome fork

Waterfox - Firefox fork

Threads: 11

Replied

@RealNickk I was thinking about using the Waterfox, but I'm still not very sure.

AlternateD

hello there

Threads: 62

Replied

Use Internet Explorer obviously it's the best

exploiters are 😎

RealNickk

no longer active

vip

Replied

@AlternateD mm yes i love the shellcode execution vulnerabilities

Threads: 58

Replied

Brave = top

Also, tysm for the rep :) 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/917442718643413082/1043470352795312148/doofus.png

Threads: 0

Replied

Ungoogled chromium or go ham and fork chromium and add a in built in bitcoin miner so u can browse and earn money

Delta

dogs >

patron

Threads: 49

Replied

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1007601850402480158/1013226913742995527/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1011562884528082975/1013547572310319104/unknown.png

RealNickk

no longer active

vip

Replied

@Delta Michaelsoft Edge is too. Opera weird.

Aja

Novaline.Club Staff

Threads: 147

Replied

I reccomend Brave as it has ad-blockers for YouTube (not only), plus it's just better ig lol

Vilictus

Hey What's Up

patron

Threads: 23

Replied

Well, as a person with 4 GB of ram:

Chrome: No, just no, uninstall that immediately, My pc just thinking about it explodes.

Brave: Very good for having an adblocker, although its resource consumption obviously increases and over time if you do not perform a cache cleaning and others would reach the point of being Chrome 2.0.

Opera: A decent browser, but chromium...

Firefox: Perfect for developers, but quite RAM usage, in my opinion my favorite but not for toasters.

Waterfox: Firefox with more options.

Good and bad things about each browser.

Firefox: Best for developers / Excessive Ram usage.

Opera: Fast and Nice desing. / Security issues, it was purchased by a Chinese company [ Beijing Kunlun Tech Co. ] , so, by law, it could send your data to China.

Brave: Tor and Adblock integrated / The system of viewing ads and getting money is mostly a scam, in which brave benefits the most; Sometimes excessive ram usage.

Chrome: Google ecosystem and decent 'Developer Tools'. No, Just no,  Mega Excessive Ram usage.

Waterfox: A  firefox based browser and custom functions / No bad, just a alternative to firefox. but Excessive Ram usage.

The best browsers

Brave and Firefox are the best in my opinion, Waterfox would not be a bad idea either.

Threads: 34

Replied

Just use Chrome bruh

Whoman

Threads: 49

Replied

vivaldi is pretty cool but its kinda buggy and uses chromium

https://i.imgur.com/21V9TOF.png

allennova

allennova

Threads: 12

Replied

I wrote a reply in another thread with a few options (copy paste): 

Some privacy browsers I recommend and have used: 

Ungoogled Chromium - Chrome's open-source brother without googles spyware, cannot download extensions from the web store, instead it uses manual extension installation.

Waterfox - A fork of Firefox fork that limits data collection, supports firefox, chrome, and opera extensions all in one browser. 

GNU Icecat - A Firefox fork that aims to prevent fingerprinting and uses the libre version of Javascript. May break some sites.

Tor Browser - A Firefox fork built on an anonymization network. If you use this, do not change any settings except the safety settings, this includes maximizing the browser itself to fit your monitor. 

Brave - Despite what others have said, it's still a good browser with features to prevent fingerprinting or at least minimize ads. If that isn't fine with you, it is open source so people have forked it to take out things like the BAT Token and affiliate links.

Firefox - A open-source browser that has a myriad of secret settings to disable/enable privacy settings to harden itself. These settings can be uploaded in files like this, or can be manually edited in the flags page. People have also made settings makers for customized use cases: here.

Browsers I have not used but have heard of:

Librewolf - A firefox fork that cuts out the bs and hardens the browser. It is well maintained and receives patches regularly.

Palemoon - An odd browser that has been around for years. A fork of a firefox version from years ago that has now branched into its own browser. Has privacy default settings, but does not have a variety of extensions.

Qbrowser - A browser that supports vim-like bindings, can be customized to whatever specifications you need in its config files. 

Surf - A browser developed by the suckless devs that is command line and keyboard shortcut orientated. It does not support extensions or tabs. I believe it is open source however and the devs have made programs to add things like tabs if the user wants them. 

Vimb - A browser that has vim-like bindings, another keyboard shortcut orientated browser. 

Lynx - The oldest maintained browser, first written in 1992. It is completely command-line-based and does not support videos or pictures natively. Use as a last resort if you really don't want bloated resource usage. Does not render CSS or Javascript as everything is in text. 

Alienware R7 Case, Mobo & 850W PSU, 1TB Crucial MX200 SSD & 1TB Kingston SUV500 &

2TB Hitachi 7.2k RPM & GTX 1060 6GB
I7 8700K @3.7Ghz, 2x 8GB Samsung @2666Mhz

Vilictus

Hey What's Up

patron

Threads: 23

Replied

@allennova

The latest browsers look very interesting, thanks for the information.

Next >>>

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )