Categories > Etc > Software & Hardware >

[I need your opinion] Should I pre-order iPhone 14?

ThatPhoenix

Dopemine Addict

Threads: 63

Posted

So like, let me envision my situation. My birthday is coming up soon in October and my iPhone X has been of great use to me throughout the time I've been with it, Apple usually allows up to 6 years of support for iOS updates until things start getting weird, anyway. So my iPhone battery health is at 85% but recently my battery quality has tanked, I charge my iPhone overnight yet it never reaches over 50%, and a 15% charge is literally a 3 minute charge, so should I get a iPhone 14 (With the trade in of my iPhone X)?

(I'm talking about the iPhone X, not the Pro model.) 

Any opinions or help choosing is greatly appreaciated!! 

I have left WRD,

I'm always available at Astronemi#8419

(yes that's my new username)

RealNickk

no longer active

vip

Threads: 177

Replied

The new iPhones are overhyped. My iPhone 12 Pro is at 50% after the whole day, so I won't need an upgrade unless I want the funny notch.

It's your money though lol

ThatPhoenix

Dopemine Addict

Replied

@RealNickk

Whats your battery health at the moment?

I have left WRD,

RealNickk

no longer active

vip

Replied

Whoman

Threads: 49

Replied

nah just buy a iphone 11 or 12 if u feel like you have too much money and want to rapidly loose it

https://i.imgur.com/21V9TOF.png

AlternateD

hello there

Threads: 60

Replied

Like others have said, newer iPhones are overhyped and overpriced. Apple is basically adding a single new pixel to the screen and marketing it as a whole new generation. Stick with an earlier generation, like a 12 or something and you'll be fine.

exploiters are 😎

ThatPhoenix

Dopemine Addict

Replied

@atari

I only want good battery life and want to take cat pictures, I don't need to calculate quantum physics on a budget. xd

I have left WRD,

RealNickk

no longer active

vip

Replied

@atari Samsung stepping up their game?? Zamn last time I remember iPhones were superior in terms of camera quality and samsung was dog poo.

Threads: 6

Replied

Your iPhone X has an issue - a failing battery. "Very intricate" situation, truly. Have you considered replacing the battery (either by yourself, or by any kind of repair service provider)? This would save you money, extend the life of your otherwise well-functioning phone and therefore keep it out of the e-waste piles for a bit longer.

If you need a smartphone that runs your apps and works as what it should be - a phone, you already have one. There's no major upgrades in the newer products.

it will no longer be possible to contact me here, but i will be on session for at least a bit :)

0520984e5ed65f84673ff6d3421d89a3b3e1dff2ed54cbd4ed012351789a347913

ThatPhoenix

Dopemine Addict

Replied

@Texas

I forgot to mention that my storage is crap and my lightning port isnt as effective anymore so I cannot transfer my data to pc. So I see an upgrade viable, also the newer models have almost double the standard battery life as the iphone x (13 hours to 23 i believe?)

I have left WRD,

Replied

@ThatPhoenix Valid point. Might want to consider other options instead of a 14, though. After launch, previous-generation units get dumped by retailers. I recommend looking into the 13 series, or, if you're brave enough, look into the Android ecosystem, which usually offers more value for the price you pay.

it will no longer be possible to contact me here, but i will be on session for at least a bit :)

ThatPhoenix

Dopemine Addict

Replied

@Texas

I'm not that interested in the Android Ecosystem due to at most 2 years of guarenteed support of software updates, Apple at least goes up to 6 years of guarentees, and besides you can have assuarance by Apple that you'll at least have care if you need it repaired (albeit expensive)

I heard that the iPhone 14 has the same core thing as the iPhone 13 Pro? So it would be more cost effective to go for the normal 14 instead of a iPhone 13? I'm not an expert but there's a lot of factors

I have left WRD,

allennova

allennova

Threads: 12

Replied

@ThatPhoenix

If you only want an iPhone, the 14 looks like a good buy if you care for the new features in it. Battery life is a guaranteed upgrade if you buy a new phone, so don't dwell on that as much as you think. How long it lasts will depend on your use case and will never be the same day by day, so no need to stress over milliampere hour spec sheets. The 13 looks also like a good upgrade and, as you said before, has most of the features an iPhone 14 has in it over the x. 

Alienware R7 Case, Mobo & 850W PSU, 1TB Crucial MX200 SSD & 1TB Kingston SUV500 &

2TB Hitachi 7.2k RPM & GTX 1060 6GB
I7 8700K @3.7Ghz, 2x 8GB Samsung @2666Mhz

Replied

@ThatPhoenix These numbers are hard to use in arguments, because for them to be valid you have to get exact company guarantees for an exact generation. Apple offers software updates for 5-6 years on average, while Android manufacturers do... Practically the same? Samsung offers 5 years of software updates, so does Google, though each promising only around 3-4 years of Android major updates. Third parties can stretch this to possibly 4-5 or more years longer, depending on the model of your phone.

Android phones aren't exempt from repair services either. These are legal matters. If it's covered by warranty - you can send it for manufacturer repairs, if not - send it to any reputable 3rd party Android repair service.

Ducxy

Eclipse Cheats, LLC.

vip

Threads: 103

Replied

Honestly, just pick up the iPhone 14 Pro. Pre-order or wait until they are in stock instead of needing to wait awhile.

Don't order the regular 14, if you don't want the pro get the base model iPhone 13 instead since its pretty much the same phone. (unless the trade in covers the entire cost of the 14 then sure go for it)

Next >>>

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )