Forums > php >

Why do people call PHP dead?

New Reply

Posted

SkiedMaster

Developer / Scripter

Threads: 4

PHP is not dead as most developers use PHP for their exploit websites and PHP takes up 80% of the web servers.

Replied

Threads: 19

It's still growing, but not being adopted by big-time companies at the rate it used to be. Companies have switched to other technologies like pure C++ for its speed and Javascript for its ease. Walmart, Roblox, and Discord for example. Companies like Facebook still use PHP simply because they're old companies and that's what they were built on. Facebook has been switching to other technologies where they could. It's most certainly not dead though. 

I would say PHP is mostly being used because most people aren't really taking the time to learn full-stack development. There are lots of pre-built website setups that are easy to use. CPanel, for example, is everywhere. Almost every hosting website uses CPanel. There are also tons of websites CMS systems like Wordpress which is powered by PHP. The thing is those services were built back when PHP was the go-to. So yeah, these exploiters using CPanel/Wordpress simply don't have a choice. Most of these free exploit websites are not professional website developers.

Added

Thnx for posting here btw c: I've wanted to reply to more programming related threads.

Replied

SkiedMaster

Developer / Scripter

Mention in New Reply

I know that it's growing. It's just a lot of people in the pfp fourm saying that this fourm haunts them and that pfp is dead. I don't think it is!

Replied

Threads: 19

Just a heads up, the mention button would be useful when replying to someone. It gives them a notification. I only saw your reply to me because this thread was still at the top of recent threads and I was active.

Replied

SkiedMaster

Developer / Scripter

Mention in New Reply

<@uid:2> Alright, people just call PFP dead for no reason at all. Honestly.

New Reply