Categories > Coding > Lua >

Script help request.

Threads: 1

Posted

So I come to you with a request I thought would be easy i process but I can't come out with it.

Items location example:

game:GetService("Workspace").Drops["Item Name"]

and im trying to get to move it to your folder in replicated storage. Example:

game:GetService("ReplicatedStorage").Storages.Playername.(Here is a number 1-20 folder  that holds 1 item each)

This it do-able manually through dex using drag-and-drop but i'm trying to figure out a more efficent way to Find the item, put it into a folder thats in a empty storage folder. Any help in the right direction would be helpful.

Sorry if this is not the right section.

Added

So, in this game their whole inventory system sits in replicated storage, everyones. With dex i can drag a item from the workspace folder, to the specified folder which is my inventory and bam, it gives it to me. Seems to work with dex, so im just trying to find a way to replicate this with a script because this game is weird as tp in any way = insta ban but i can do this?

Example of inventory:

Example

I do want to add, this saves as well, taking the items from the other peoples inventory (doesn't take it from theirs locally but it "barrows" it, sometimes will save on exit) but when taking from the drops workspace folder, it saves as if you picked it up from where it was, so theres gotta be some way, doesn't seem just sending it to a new parent worked.

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )