Categories > Coding > Javascript >

Published NPM Package: Phrase-blacklister

Threads: 34

Posted

I just published a package for use with Node.js: phrase-blacklister

You can use this package to check if a certain string contains a banned word. Most bad words are banned by default such as fuck, shit, and ass. Some people attempt to bypass a text filter by using numbers. For example, 'sh1t', which humans would read as, 'shit'. The package can also optionally translate any odd characters to its corresponding alphabetical character.

I'll be using it on this forum soon, so contributions would most definitely be appreciated. This is the first time I've made a piece of the website public, but this would allow for bugs to be more thoroughly analyzed by the community. I'll consider creating more packages soon to make the website even more community managed. It may also be useful for those of you creating community-based applications.

NPM: https://www.npmjs.com/package/phrase-blacklist

Github: https://github.com/2JJ1/phrase-blacklist#readme

Disclaimer: It's not completely fool-proof and is pretty weak. There is still a large majority of evasion that people can do, for example, shlt. The 'i' is a lower case L. The character translation only applies to 'special characters' (@=a, 4=a, $=s, 8=b, etc).

Threads: 61

Replied

coooool

Threads: 202

Replied

So like discord safe chat for a discord bot

#MEWANTGLOBALCHAT 

Reputation Goal: 69
#NoMoreMods

#MEWANTGLOBALCHAT 

CaramelCream

YourLocalSnack

Threads: 5

Replied

Nice! I will be sure to check it out!

Threads: 33

Replied

ok its good

Threads: 1

Replied

Thank you, will try to implement this thing into systems by these db software solutions very interested if it will work out. Usually no problems with any other dbs or scripts comparing to users of other software.

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )