Categories > WeAreDevs > Hangout >

The truth about skidding, Don't call people a skid for skidding.

Hectique

Hectique

Threads: 186

Posted

Here's something I pulled from my own thread reply.

See here's the thing about skidding.

Skidding doesn't really exist.

It's not skidding, it's open source documentation.

That's the thing that people aren't understanding.

If someone posts Open Source Software or An open source exploit, then people are allowed to study your code. That's kind of why Open source exists. People use Open Source Documentation to Study other people's code and learn stuff from it. Skidding isn't bad, as long as you leave Credit. (If you take their code you leave credit, but if you study their code that's different).

Now, cracking someone's source if it is PROTECTED is different. Skidding of a Cracked source or a Protected source is not good.

Skidding isn't really a thing.

And if it IS a thing, then it's not really that bad.

When I first started Coding, I used to skid. Back in 2018 when I started becoming a dev, I skidded stuff. That was how I learned the basics. I would study other peoples codes and sources, and if I ever took their code I would leave credit.

So Don't get mad at someone for Skidding. Don't call people Noob or Bad or a skid for "Skidding". Open Source Documentation is helping people learn to code.

a former active and known member of the WRD community, but im kinda just a meme now

Potatox

Threads: 26

Replied

I agree with this entirely, great thread to inform people that go around calling newer people skids all the time.

Hyakki
Wanting to learn Lua ; _ ;

Hyakki#0711

Hectique

Hectique

Replied

@Potatox FINALLY someone GETS it. Thank you.

a former active and known member of the WRD community, but im kinda just a meme now

Potatox

Threads: 26

Replied

@Hectique

You shouldn't really thank me for that. I've had a mindset of we learn from others work for quite a while, people tend to learn new words when reading, I think of coding/scripting the same way, you read someone's piece of work (relate this to a book) and you learn new things and how to improve a specific part. 

Hyakki
Wanting to learn Lua ; _ ;

Hyakki#0711

Threads: 2

Replied

goodlowwaddup = Monkey_D_Luffy the moderator on WeAreDevs

Hectique

Hectique

Replied

@EarthBoy55 That's where I got the whole skidding doesn't exist thing. He's my friend too.

Threads: 1

Replied

Hmm..? Wdym

Someone actually call themselves a "Developer" / "Software engineer" even though they have no idea wtf is jagged arrays :bruh: plus not to mention they didn't put credits in "their" products

The difference is that a skid doesn't know what they are doing and just try to take what they can from others work without knowing exactly what these stuff can do using their powerful skills "Ctrl + C & Ctrl + V"

Meanwhile a Code monkey / Real developer knows what they are doing on a basic level and actually learn without copy + pasting

> Rosery Winning

Programmer (noun.)

A machine that turns coffee into code.

OwO What's This

Zera

Casual Femboy Agent

vip

Threads: 39

Replied

If your saying skidding doesnt exist that means stealing someones work without credit doesnt exist? The main point of this thread doesnt make sense to me.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/995469995742068832/1073019970012848228/Untitled39_20220604185345.png

Hectique

Hectique

Replied

@Zera The point I am trying to get across is that Studying sources and Using Open Source Documentation to learn to code isn't bad, and skidding isn't bad unless you don't give credit to other people. I myself do not skid, but just don't call other people a skid for skidding okr using Open Source.

Wabz

Winning.js

Threads: 194

Replied

@EarthBoy55 I feel like you are the alt of someone.

Also, classiccat meant it as a joke, when Hectique was serious.

Added

@Forgotten_Dev Tbh i never heard of jagged arrays.

Just searched it up on google and this is what i call multidimensional arrays (synonym for jagged arrays).

So nvm i do know what jagged arrays are.

Added

@Forgotten_Dev btw im not trying to defend myself cuz i know i dont skid but i didnt know the term "jagged"

My new discord is Wabz#1337 with ID 777154062789509130

Threads: 2

Replied

@56147https://wearedevs.net/profile/alts?uid=59090

goodlowwaddup = Monkey_D_Luffy the moderator on WeAreDevs

Wabz

Winning.js

Threads: 194

Replied

@EarthBoy55 There are stuff called proxies and VPNs.

My new discord is Wabz#1337 with ID 777154062789509130

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )