Categories > Coding > Javascript >

[I NEED HELP] How the hell am i supposed to install mongodb on a cpanel?

Wabz

Winning.js

Threads: 194

Posted

Ik that's weird, but i can't do anything about it.

My friend only has a cpanel.

And the code i wrote was in NodeJS, not PHP.

So a cpanel sucks for that.

Basically, my thing uses mongodb and it wont work if i dont install mongodb.

Apparently, you can access the shell like if it was a VPS, but i can't because i login to the cpanel with namecheap, not cpanel itself, so i don't know the password.

If he had a VPS, it would be much easier, but he does not and i don't have a lot of time to do it.

So, what should i do?

My new discord is Wabz#1337 with ID 777154062789509130

Threads: 34

Replied

Someone once asked for cPanel to support MongoDB. Quoting cPanel staff response: "Due to the changes in MongoDB's licensing we are no longer able to consider this as a potential feature to be added to our product."

You can't install MongDB using cPanel itself. You'll need access to the server. Installation steps depend on the server's OS.

Wabz

Winning.js

Replied

My friend just bought the cpanel hosting, he did not really do anything else.

I tried to reset the cpanel password to one i know and then i tried to connect to the remote shell again but there is still access denied.

He bought the cpanel at namecheap.

Hectique

Hectique

Threads: 186

Replied

As Jon said, it is not possible to install MongoDB to CPanel because of the MongoDB Lisencing. If MongoDB's lisencing does change there is a chance that this feature will be released, but I doubt it will happen unless a major lisencing change is made.

a former active and known member of the WRD community, but im kinda just a meme now

Wabz

Winning.js

Replied

@Hectique yes cpanel has a dumb license

not even open source smh

anyways i use repl now its way better and because i have hacker plan my code is private so no one can see it

Added

@_realnickk dont worry, im not dumb enough to buy a cpanel for node hosting lmao

it was not for me, and i found a solution for that already

Added

@_realnickk also my vps provider is digitalocean so i dont need to self host :sunglasses: thanks 2jj1 for showing digitalocean in your vid now i use it

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )