Categories > WeAreDevs > Hangout >

why do people care so much about "skids" / "skidding"?

Moon

Moon

vip

Threads: 314

Replied

@DeepPain

Why would you skid Axon in the first place

DeepPain

Wyvern

Threads: 5

Replied

@Oofed

Response to your first post:

What exact "facts" are you setting straight? Because all you did was give a wrong definition for skidding and give your opinion on what good skidding is and what bad skidding is. First off; "skidding" is just the verbial phrase of skid, which is the shortened form of "script kiddie", which is defined by Ofxord Languages as "a person who uses existing computer scripts or codes, lacking the expertise to write their own.". Given that, we can assume that skidding is the act of using existing "computer scripts or codes" as they lack "the expertise to write their own", now that I've dealt with your incorrect definition of skidding, onto my opinion on what you think is "good" and "bad" skidding.

"Bad" skidding:

I pretty much agree with everything you said here, but in my opinion, skids "bragging about their coding skills even though the code isn't theirs" isn't just skidding, it's downright annoying and disrespectful.

"Good" skidding:

I wouldn't even consider "Asking the original developer for permission and giving credit" as skidding.

"Making all their code open source", if the original developer is not credited, then it is skidding, but if someone open sources something skidded, it's still skidding, just look at SpeedSterKawaii's GitHub, almost everything he has there is skidded, but he's open sourced it. Therefore by your logic he's doing the "good" skidding, yet he claims all the code as his

"Actually learning from it", is one of the only points that I actually agree with you on.

Response to your second post:

I do not support "little kids running around bragging about their 'custom dll' while they are running around with speedster axon and stealing functions", are you stupid? Did you not read any of my posts? I support people who try and become good developers, I don't mind people who skid Axon or Calamari, as long as they aren't annoying and brag about it. They can even use my functions as long as they know how they work and ask me first, I do NOT support anyone taking any advice or functions from SpeedSterKawaii in particular, he's honestly one of the worst persons in the community in my opinion. And as for calling me crazy, I don't mind if you call me crazy at all.

Added

@Xen80 On another note, things happen that mean code is leaked, look at Hyperion, it was given to trusted people and Shin got it through one of them. Code may have been shared to once trusted friends, but friendships aren't perfect, and if the person they gave it to is scummy enough, they might leak it. And one more thing, RATs exist, 0x90's base transpiler could get leaked because someone got token logged, it wasn't shared to the leaker by 0x90 himself, someone who had it was RAT'd.

Added

@Moon Agreed, Axon is terrible, use Calamari atleast.

My Discord is xwyvern

https://i.imgur.com/mH521VR.png

Oofed

Fujiwara Chika

Threads: 2

Replied

@DeepPain

You seem very stressed today, maybe you have temper issues. I do not know, Its good skidding (not the kind of CW type skidding but just in the best term you can describe)

I mean like you could mix good skidding with bad skidding but that still doesn't make it good as bad overrules good.

On the other hand I totally agree with you.

!ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ!#3317

Anime enthusiast

Threads: 10

Replied

@Oofed You're an idiot 

Added

@DarkEnder They wouldn't learn anything at all. You have 0 clue what you're talking about, adding functions to a module != the level to be 7... 

Discord : Doctor Doom#0550

MINISHXP

[REDACTED]

Threads: 3

Replied

i don't like when someone copies a ui ok :cool:

but if youre skidding for learning, youre ok to decompiel my source

Oofed

Fujiwara Chika

Threads: 2

Replied

@0x777_

um k?

Not that old to vote yet but ok

!ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ!#3317

Anime enthusiast

ImBadAtExploits

aka. enteristic

Threads: 9

Replied

they can skid copyrighted things

dont exploit that much now

swiney2

swiney2#8267

vip

Threads: 9

Replied

Yes, they hold my eyes open and force their skid juices into them.

They do make me lose sleep

Im not really active anymore, so alot of my information isnt updated. 

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/836952000876511252/950508582892367912/pigeon_siggy.png

Prev

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )