Categories > WeAreDevs > Hangout >

Discord blocked Roblox web requests & bypasses

MainDab

Main_EX

Threads: 39

Posted

This news is almost 2 weeks overdue but I don't think many of you know plus it might be useful later in the future

Discord BLOCKED web requests from Roblox

If you don't already know, Discord is blocking web requests from Roblox. This means that you can't send webhooks from Roblox to a Discord. If you maintain a serverside or develop one, you should already know about this.

I can only speculate that Discord did this because Roblox devs kept spamming webhooks, blocking Roblox is the easiest way ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Discord often makes blindfolded decisions and this is just one of many, and we all know this.

Bypass

As you might expect, Roblox devs found a way around this.

This simple solution on DevFourm is rather simple. To sum that thread on DevFourm, all you need to do is to replace discord.com/api/webhooks/XXXXXX with hooks.hyra.io/api/webhooks/XXXXXX , a solution I'm currently using as a temporary solution. 

There are longer term solutions for this though. As you might exepct, these sort of things are usually open sourced in order to maintain trust.

I found 2 open source solutions that can easily be deployed onto some platform like Heroku (since I have no money D:).

https://github.com/hyra-io/Discord-Webhook-Proxy is a simple solution that I'd preferably use later. It's the source code for the solution I've shown above.

https://github.com/sentanos/ProxyService is a universal solution for sending web requests anywhere.

I'm not going to get into how to post it since it's 12am for me but I've thought that this would be important to say.

Conclusion

Discord has made some pretty bad choices here. This was not agreed apon by both Roblox nor Discord, nor is it an effort to cut down on serversides. Discord is simply being lazy again. Honestly hate them for this.

And don't just say "move to guilded", majority of people aren't. Not even I would. 

Ducxy

Eclipse Cheats, LLC.

vip

Threads: 103

Replied

or just send a request to your own server that forwards it to discord

MainDab

Main_EX

Threads: 39

Replied

@Astronemi yea again

might get unblocked but i don't expect them to anytime soon