Categories > WeAreDevs > Suggestions >

User submitted blog posts.

allennova

allennova

Threads: 13

Posted

The blog is kinda dead, and that's fine as 2jj1 is making improvements to the site. I'm suggesting that people submit blog topics/entire posts to 2jj1 and he would review them. If they are up to par with his standards, he would upload them to the page. This would keep it active and give it a purpose while still allowing for 2jj1 to do his own thing. I don't have a proper submission system to suggest, but an email or sub-forum would be an easy way to do this. (A sub-forum would also allow people to review the post before 2jj1 sees It, allowing them to iron out errors.)

NZXT H510i, MSI X470 & 650W PSU, 1TB Crucial MX200 SSD
Seagate 1TB HDD, EVGA RTX 3060ti
Ryzen 5 5600x, 2x16GB Corsair @3600Mhz

Threads: 7

Replied

I'm not enirely sure jon would have the time to review them though. Tbh i think the blog could do with a redesign before anything else is done with it.

weed is peak comedy.

Threads: 34

Replied

Tbh I've been considering taking down the blog. It seems redundant considering it would make sense for forums to host the information. I made the blog as a means to learn WordPress. I also wanted to add advertisements, which I couldn't do on the forum due to replies potentially breaking ToS. I think if I just implement post locking, the problem would be solved. Just a maybe.

Either way, the reason I haven't added to the blog is that it's broken lol. It broke ever since I switched servers. I could fix it, but the time feels better spent improving my other projects(including the forum). I'll be open to ideas if I decide to keep the blog and fix it. 

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )