Categories > Coding > C# >

[REL] GetSource (Fast and Easy .NET decompiler)

deceased_insect

NotDeadLocust

Threads: 1

Posted

GetSource

GetSource is a .NET decompiler that's easy to use and fast. Basically, once you select an application or DLL to decompile, the program will get the source code of the application and place it in a single .cs file (it will automatically combine all the classes).

Although it doesnt export an entire solution like dnSpy, that is literally the point. It is to easily check the source code of other people's project to see how the code works, or if you're suspicious of their code and want to make sure it isnt a virus.

All the while without having to create and entire solution just to check the code.

How to use:

1. Click the "Select file" button to select the file to decompile
  2. Click "Get Source Code"

Interested? I hope so. You can download the fully standalone application with no dlls (but it's got an app.config you gotta keep cause winforms is a b****). Also, if you only use decompilers to steal GUIs, you can get out.

Horrible winforms UI screenshot (im bad at UIs):

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/773068882520309794/795260349209116682/Screenshot_154.png

Download

VirusTotal

oh btw dead_locust didnt make this

ancient profile pic moment

Threads: 0

Replied

Definitely 100% true very good good yes yes

eb_

Formally known as Shade

vip

Threads: 4

Replied

its cool i guess, dm me and i can make a ui for you in winforms Shade#0122

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/1010636204225601659/1012865624797610044/sKQybOLT.gif

Wabz

Winning.js

Threads: 194

Replied

Ok now i'm about to get angry

WHY THE HELL DID YOU OBFUSCATE THIS

DO YOU F***ING REALISE THAT THERE'S ALREADY OPEN SOURCE TOOLS AVAILABLE FOR THIS, AND THAT IN THIS CASE, OBFUSCATION IS BASICALLY USELESS

ALL IT WILL DO IS TO MAKE YOUR PROGRAM SLOW ASF YOU HAVE TO STOP AT SOME POINT

EACH DAY I SEE PEOPLE THINKING YOU HAVE TO OBFUSCATE EVERYTHING YOU RELEASE, AND THAT OBFUSCATION IS GOOD, THE TRUTH IS, OBFUSCATION HAS A LOT OF DISADVANTAGES, YOU REALLY NEED TO STOP OBFUSCATING THINGS THAT DONT NEED TO BE OBFUSCATED. WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TO HIDE YOUR CODE FROM PEOPLE WITH A TOOL THAT IS LITERALLY A .NET DECOMPILER.... I DONT F***ING UNDERSTAND, AND THIS IS VERY HYPOCRITICAL TOO. YOU'RE MAKING A TOOL MADE TO LET PEOPLE VIEW A SOMEWHAT SIMILAR CODE TO THE SOURCE CODE OF A PROGRAM, AND YET, YOU'RE TRYING TO HIDE THE SOURCE CODE FROM YOUR PROGRAM YOURSELF... DECOMPILERS SHOULD ONLY BE OPEN SOURCE, SPECIALLY IF THEY'RE SMALL. NOW DONT TELL ME THAT IDA AND OTHERS ARENT OPEN SOURCE, ALL DISSASSEMBLERS OR ANYTHING RELATED TO REVERSE ENGINEERING SHOULD BE OPEN SOURCE IN MY OPINION. ALSO YOU ARE LITERALLY RELEASING THIS TOOL FOR FREE, THINGS LIKE IDA SELL THEIR PROGRAM, WHICH IS PROBABLY WHY THEIR TOOL IS NOT OPEN SOURCE, BUT YOU HAVE NO REASON TO OBFUSCATE YOUR CODE, SO PLEASE DONT. IF YOU ARE READING THIS AND DONT WANNA USE THIS PROPRIETARY PIECE OF GARBAGE, USE ILSPY (SINCE DNSPY GOT DISCONTINUED). ILSPY IS VERY GOOD AND ITS FREE SOFTWARE YES YES YES MADE BY COMPETENT AND VERY SMART DEVS https://github.com/icsharpcode/ILSpy

thank you goodbye

edit: did i get possesed by richard stallman? also when i say open source i should say free/libre software instead, its a much better definition

My new discord is Wabz#1337 with ID 777154062789509130

Threads: 34

Replied

@Wabz u spittin facts

Replied

@Wabz ok :c (why do you need to source code im pretty sure everyone here knows how this works). Can i at least protect my assembly without obfuscating?

Wabz

Winning.js

Threads: 194

Replied

@63568 in what way do you want to "protect" it? if you want to hide how it works from people then obfuscation is the way but theres no point in doing it with that

also i do know a bit about how those things work (only a bit, i mean ilcode is human readable), but most people here dont

My new discord is Wabz#1337 with ID 777154062789509130

Replied

@Wabz Just like Anti ILDASM and/or NecroBit

Threads: 1

Replied

Yes it's safe to use very cool

Programmer (noun.)

A machine that turns coffee into code.

OwO What's This

Moon

Moon