Categories > WeAreDevs > Hangout >

why do people care so much about "skids" / "skidding"?

Xen80

Xën#1337

vip

Threads: 13

Posted

i don't get why people care SO MUCH about "skids".

ask yourself these 3 questions:

1. do you lose sleep over "skids"?

2. do these "skids" cost you money?

3. do "skids" interupt your personal life or your personal time?

my guess is you answered no to all of those questions.

if people want to ruin their reputation in this community let them, it doesn't affect you.

BUT if someone would be pasting your work and possibly making money off of it, you have every right to be upset, but all these "CW's" on people who "skid axon" or "skid calamari" when their actions have nothing to do with you.

i mean think about it, if you want to learn how to build a PC you'll need to obtain an already built PC. and i know what you're thinking "just look up how to build a PC on youtube" do you see youtube videos on how to make "DLLs"? i don't know about you but i don't.

so shut up about people "skidding", this is the internet, there is no reason to care.

EDIT: im not talking about people who steal code, sell it, claim its theres or add a key systems. im talking about people who using other peoples code in a non-profit way and with the consent from the person who wrote the code

Discord:

Xën#1337

Threads: 0

Replied

Yeahhh this is why i don't really care about cw threads related to skidding only cause no harm has been done to anyone

if someone was doing something malicious with the stolen code though, then that'll be a problem

Xen80

Xën#1337

vip

Replied

yes, that would be a problem but im speaking for people who either use bases or use aspects of other peoples work that either they open source, leak or a leak from a third-party. 

Discord:

Xën#1337

DeepPain

Wyvern

Threads: 5

Replied

I'm going to keep this short an simple,

to answer your questions:

1. No, infact I sleep better knowing that I've helped people become better developers and stop skidding.

2. Knowing just how much they've earnt off your code is difficult, I know for a fact people have skidded my functions and used it in exploits with key systems. So yes, they've earnt off my code, money I do not get for my work.

3. Technically yes they do due to me dealing with skids, but I also use my personal time to try and set people on the right path, and not the skidding path.

Now let me ask you some questions,

1. How would you feel if you had worked hard on something, then someone leaked it and you found some skids using YOUR code in their exploit?

2. If you saw someone that you think has potential that was skidding, would you not try and help them? if you wouldn't; why?

3. If someone messaged you for help, would you try and explain everything to them with the best of your ability instead of giving them code and letting them mindlessley paste?

My Discord is xwyvern

https://i.imgur.com/mH521VR.png

ecstacy_lxnny

yea i'm lxnny

vip

Threads: 84

Replied

Ummm

If things can be sorted off in dms, it is the best way but if it cant be, u can't let ppl earning off ur code so u gotta make ppl know abt it yk..

im bipolar btw

Threads: 10

Replied

@DeepPain Agreed.

Discord : Doctor Doom#0550

Threads: 29

Replied

@DeepPain mans spitting fax

back lol

Threads: 55

Replied

@DeepPain Yeah true thank you for setting me on the right path bby

Why are you here

Oofed

Fujiwara Chika

Threads: 2

Replied

this topic has been interated many times and its time to set the facts straight

skidding is a tool for new developers to open new skills and develop new things and aspects.

although there is two types of skidding 

bad skidding and good skidding

Bad Skidding

Claiming all the code for themselves and trying to make money off of code that is not theirs.

Bragging about their coding skills even though the code isn't theirs

Good Skidding

Asking the original developer for permission and giving credit

Making all of their code open source

Actually learning from it

The topic is debatable but skidding has ups and downs as long as you use it in the right way, you will go far.

!ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ!#3317

Anime enthusiast

Xen80

Xën#1337

vip

Replied

@DeepPain

if someones code gets leaked, isn't it there problem they shared their code? if they were so worried about it getting leaked they would keep to themselves.

like i said, if someone was using your code that you made, obviously there is a reason to care but there is no point in having a mental breakdown after someone "skidded axon"

Added

@Oofed yeah i made this thread about peopling using code that isn't theres (not people claiming they made something they ckearly didn't), i should have mentioned that there is no reason to care IF they gave credit or got consent from the owner of the code which they were using

Discord:

Xën#1337

DeepPain

Wyvern

Threads: 5

Replied

@Xen80 I don't care if you skid Axon or Calamari or whatever, what I do care about is the amount of good developers we could have lost due to people defaulting to these sources instead of writing their own.

Added

@Oofed I disagree with what you said completely, when I wake up I will be writing a proper response to this.

My Discord is xwyvern

https://i.imgur.com/mH521VR.png

Oofed

Fujiwara Chika

Threads: 2

Replied

@DeepPain

so you support little kids running around bragging about their "custom dll" while they are running around with speedster axon and stealing functions from you without you even knowing? yea uh dont mind me calling you crazy but you are crazy if you really support that.

Added

@Xen80

mhm there is no reason for me to care if they ask for permission or give credit

thats "good skidding" in my terms

!ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ!#3317

Anime enthusiast

Next >>>

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )