Categories > WeAreDevs > Suggestions >

Message Bug

Alternate

stop take my rice

vip

Threads: 113

Posted

So, I just discovered a really annoying bug with the message system.

Basically, if you get a message from anyone who has messages disabled, then not only can you not view the message itself, but you can't actually reply to it. Because of this, the "New message" notification just stays there unless you manually discard it, and the only way to see what they said is by going to the "Messages" page itself.

This needs to be fixed, because this can be majorly exploited to turn off your Messages and then constantly message someone. They can't really do anything about it except for just delete the notification.

There is a few ways this can be fixed, such as first not allowing people with Messages turned off to message other users in the first place. Ideally however, a feature can be added so that if a user with Messages disabled messages another user, the user they message will have the ability to message back until the conversation is erased.

Also, just generally the Message system needs updates. For example, it would be amazing to have messages instantly pop up from other users without having to reload, as it would make the message system WAY more practical. Right now, the Message system is like an email: you send it, forget about it, and remember once they respond. Making Messages instantly pop up would make it more like Discord except you don't really have to worry about your account getting terminated.

There's also Group Chats, it's been recommended multiple times and once again it would make the Message system way more practical, essentially replacing Discord groups where you have to worry about your account getting terminated. Combine this with a constantly updating Message system, and the Message system would be able absolutely amazing.

The main purpose of this thread was to let everyone (specifically Jon) know about this bug so it can be fixed (unless it was intentional?) but also hope that the Message system gets more love than it currently does.

NOTE: I discovered this because somebody with Messages disabled messaged me and I can't respond due to this bug. If your usernames first two letters are "ki" and you recently messaged me, please re-enable your messages temporarily so I can respond. Thanks :)

we are dead

Threads: 39

Replied

Responded to your other reply :)

Alternate

stop take my rice

vip

Threads: 113

Replied

we are dead

Threads: 0

Replied

I can recommend you a selection of free keyword research tools https://ninjareports.com/free-keyword-research-tools/. Services allow you to find keywords that are then used in SEO for promotion, show their frequency, complexity

Threads: 198

Replied

Well, you don't have to worry about your account getting terminated unless your acc really gets terminated by a mod :kek:

Random quote here...

Nolix

use vantra hub

Threads: 61

Replied

I really like when alternate makes his replies super lengthy but because of that I never feel like reading them lmao (no offense alternate your still a great person obviously)

Users viewing this thread:

( Members: 0, Guests: 1, Total: 1 )