Categories > Exploiting > Roblox >

Difference between an API & DLL

TERIHAX

i say im gay as a joke 🙀

Threads: 102

Posted

I'm gonna clear this out for everyone, and I need to do this because some people think to update their exploit, they just need to re-download the API, that's just dumb, it makes me go mad that people think of it like this.

Many people think that an API is the same as a DLL, no they aren't.

API:

An API is a C# Class Library that contains classes, and in the classes, it has functions/methods (Functions & methods are the same thing jfyi). (From Nexus: It's more a library of functions that can be written in any language, and is primarily used to create a more efficient and accessible interaction between two programs.) To import a method/function from a library that isn't in C#, you will need to use DllImport.

DLL:

A DLL is a Dynamic Link Library that is written in C++, they're the ones that get updated, if you don't know about addresses, you likely won't be able to update this, the devs of the DLL usually update it themselves so there is no need to think of updating yourself. Most types of DLL's use pipe connections, when injected, they create a pipe with a certain name, and for the API to execute, it sends the script to the pipe connection, and the DLL executes it into Roblox.

This is the information I know, if there's anything that needs correction, please let me know.

Moon

Moon

vip

Threads: 314

Replied

2 very important things to make the exploit work

Threads: 55

Replied

now if someone says some Bytecode conversion when I saw I'm making API this is getting linked

Why are you here

MINISHXP

[REDACTED]

Threads: 3

Replied

Yes this is really useful for people who make a thread saying "CaN sOmE mAkE eXpLoIt ApI fOr Me" when they really want the dll.

TERIHAX

i say im gay as a joke 🙀

Replied

Added

@Haxim yes

NeonFox

Your real dad

Threads: 12

Replied

*inhale*                                      *exhale*

use. dark. mode.

TERIHAX

i say im gay as a joke 🙀

Replied

Threads: 0

Replied

An API is not always c#

It's more a library of functions that can be written in any language, and is primarily used to create a more efficient and accessible interaction between two programs.

NeonFox

Your real dad

Replied

@TERIHAX Nothing, just had no response I could think of so I just put what I was doing irl

use. dark. mode.

TERIHAX

i say im gay as a joke 🙀

Replied

@NeonFox bruh 

Added

@55258 yeah, like the wrd v2 C++ api, you need to use DllImport tho

NeonFox

Your real dad

Replied